GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site!
Custom Search

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Change goes Both Ways

Today an associate of my baby father and I decided he was going to lecture me on being a good woman. The conversation, though an interesting one, came after my baby father accused me of sleeping with him, and I had to put the whole situation on blast. I had to laugh while I listened to this man, tell me how a woman should act when they love the father of their children. A joke, considering men don't change the way they act when they have children.

Mind you this man has two baby mommas, so drama must fall his way. Especially considering he let me know he does things to spite his baby mothers. Now, common sense would seem, if you don't want the drama why cause the issue. I mean it is clear to me, and when men do what they need to do women tend to treat them kindly. We shower them with love of all kinds, but when they act stupid we trip out. I get it, and I would assume that you guys get it too. SO why start drama?

He let me know, I am supposed to act in a fashion that my man find appropriate. He just don't know that if I did what my baby father wanted me to do, I would be pregnant again. AND, I swore to myself that I am never having anymore children. The first pregnancy was an utter nightmare for me, why would I want to inflict that kind of torture on myself again? Yet, during his rant, I wanted to know why men don't act the way they did when WE (women) first met them. They want us to act the way we did before the 2 A.M wake up calls, spit-ups, and diapers. WHY can't they act the way they were before the I'm too busy, staying out all hours, having meaningful conversations with other women.  Change goes both ways in a relationship. It takes two to make a child, it takes two to raise a child. Why should women change for a man who is not willing to change for them? Why can't men understand that having a child changes a woman from the inside out? No one is ever the same after the birth of any child. That is why I wont be having anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site!